Become a tutor
- Donna, Peer Science & Math Tutor
Working as a tutor for the Center for Academic Enrichment is a great option for many talented UNH Manchester students. As a tutor, you:
- Meet and help your fellow UNH Manchester students
- Earn competitive hourly pay that rises with increased levels of training and certification
- Build your resume for work in any field
- Receive nationally recognized College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) training
- Improve your own academic skills
- Receive close mentoring and build a network with CAE professional staff and tutors
Do I Qualify?
To work as a tutor, you must do the following:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Earn a B+ or above in all courses you plan to tutor
- Be willing and able to enroll in the course UMST 521, Tutor Development for 2 or 4 credits
- Complete the Tutor Application
- Interview with the CAE Director and/or Associate Director
- Receive a recommendation from a faculty member
How do I Apply?
The CAE usually starts new groups of tutors at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. We accept applications for each of these cohorts on a rolling basis. To apply, please
- Complete and email or mail back the Tutor Application.
- Ask a faculty member to recommend you; they can do so by contacting the Associate Director
- If you are applying to tutor writing, submit a 5-10 page writing sample to the Associate Director, Michael Chandler. The sample should be an email attachment of an analytical essay or research paper you have already written for a class. Ideally, the paper will demonstrate your ability to use and cite outside sources in MLA or APA format. Please include with the paper submission a short paragraph that briefly describes the original assignment.
What Happens Next?
- Once we have received and reviewed your application, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Questions? Feel free to contact the CAE at any point.