New Student Orientation
First year and transfer students begin their UNH Manchester experience at Orientation where they learn how to navigate college life and access the opportunities and resources available to help them succeed. Make sure to look for your invitation in the mail.
The next date for Summer Orientation is:
June 3rd, 2013
9:30 am - 1:00 pm or 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Now that you have been accepted, your next steps are to:
- Participate in our UNH Manchester Orientation Program that is required prior to course registration
- Complete the necessary reading/writing and mathematics assessments that are required prior to course registration. Please refer to your invitation insert for your required assessment testing.
Orientation provides you with the opportunities to:
- Get your ID card, email account and learn how to access “MyUNH,” the campus information system
- Explore your expectations and questions about entering UNH Manchester
- Meet other entering students
- Meet a faculty member to gain insight about the classroom experience at UNH Manchester
- Meet professional staff from Financial Aid, Academic Counseling, the Center for Academic Enrichment, the Internship Program, Study Away, UNH Manchester Information Technology, Student Activities, the Library and the Business Office
- Gain an overview of UNH Manchester academic programs including degree and major requirements
- Students must register for Orientation in advance by contacting the Academic Counseling Office at 641-4170 or send an email to email@example.com .
- Students who attend Orientation will be able to schedule an individual appointment with an academic counselor and will register, and pay for classes in the few days immediately following orientation.
Students must complete assessment testing prior to their advising appointment. Contact the Center for Academic Enrichment to learn more about placement testing and find test dates.
Freshmen must select two assessment times, one for English and one for Math. The assessment tests take about 1.5 hours each.
Most Transfer students do not need to register for the English assessment test, however, many transfer students will need to register for the math assessment test. Students who have not transferred a Quantitative Reasoning course or have not taken a math course at UNH within the past year will need to take the math assessment. Your orientation invitation will indicate which assessments you need to take. Bring a calculator to the math assessment.
Parking is available in Arms Lot behind the University Center. Click here for parking and directions
- Parking for Orientation: Complimentary parking is available in the Arms Lots behind the University Center. Before 5:30pm, a parking attendant will direct students to the designated parking spots. Students will be issued parking stamps to be placed on the dashboard of their vehicles. After 5:30pm, no parking stamps will be required.
- Parking for Assessments: Students will be required to pay for parking before 5:30pm by using the "Pay and Display" system in the Arms Lot. There is no charge to park after 5:30pm. There is no charge to park on Saturdays.