Acceptable Use Computing Policy
The computing resources at UNH Manchester are intended for research and educational purposes; they should be used in a manner consistent with the instructional and research objectives of the college. Students are expected to:
- Abide by the UNH Acceptable Use Policy (as detailed by the USNH Online Policy Manual) at the University of New Hampshire
- Honor the standards in Section 09 of the Student Rights, Rules and Responsibilities Manual as they pertain to computer usage and academic honesty.
- Use the system responsibly and not interfere with work of fellow students. This includes:
- transmitting or making accessible offensive, annoying or harassing material
- intentionally, recklessly or negligently damaging any systems
- storing personal data on computer systems
- altering system configurations.
- Respect the privacy of other users.
- Protect your password from unauthorized use.
- Comply with copyright laws for software and electronic data.
- Not install personal software applications on UNH Manchester computers or download and install applications from the Internet.
- Not use systems to complete extra-curricular activities or work for another individual.
- Note and comply with update notices posted at the lab areas.